Social Media Editor
Job Title: Social media editor
Position Overview: The social media editor will build IBT's audience engagement on social media platforms that include but aren't limited to Facebook, Reddit, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat. An understanding of data and analytics as well as identifying and monitoring trends for IBT's trending team will be crucial to succeeding in the job.Job Responsibilities:
- With the managing editor and the news editors, will identify content for social media platforms and write the posts with a conversational yet authoritative tone that reflects IBT's content mission.
- Work with news editors and trending reporters to develop timely, innovative content ideas, including Facebook Live, Twitter tools and eventually videos.
- Proactively propose original, timely and innovative New York sports content
- Target audiences that are turning to IBT on the different social media platforms.
- Brainstorm, draft and implement ongoing social media strategies
- Help train reporters and news editors in social media best practices
- Stay up to date on the latest social media trends and emerging technologies
- At least three years of experience in social media.
- Deep knowledge of analytics and search engine/social media optimization
- Strong writing and editing skills required
- Ability to multitask.
- Must be based in the U.S.
- Must be available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
This position is remote. The successful candidate will be offered a contract that will be ongoing, depending on job performance.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and track record in building social media audiences.
International Business Times is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or disability.