Latin Times Editor in Chief
Job Title: Latin Times Editor in Chief
Latin Times is looking for an editor-in-chief to build out its Latin serving website and modernize its content and news producing operations.
Latin Times is the unifying voice for the Latino community in the United States. LT will uplift the Latino and American readers, and represent the Latino community to the broader world.
Latin Times will obsessively cover politics as it relates to the Latino community, highlight Latino lead business leaders, catalog Latino achievements in tech and science, as well as report on the happenings of Latino stars, influencers and academics.
The goal is to build a mixed team of in-house journalists and content experts with distributed team of contributors, analysis, op-ed writers, and freelancers.
The EIC will be in charge of the implementing the desired tone while building up a digital-first, world-class operation serving diverse forms of content from journalism, explainers, video, podcasts, social media etc to our platforms and partner platforms in a 24/7 environment.
The successful candidate would also manage the process of licensing the awards LT provides for products and other recognitions.
New York based candidates preferred, but not required. The successful candidate will be offered a contract with the chance to join the staff, depending on job performance and reaching metrics.
- Build out news operations with staff, freelancers, contributors and experts
- Cultivate an innovative culture keeping LT’s newsroom and operations on the forefront
- Balance commercial needs and that of the newsroom, managing budgets, with an eye for ROI
- Smartly Integrate new forms of technology (AI,MR,VR etc) and story telling (social, video, etc)
- Grow audience among Latinos and those interesting in and needing understanding of the Latino community.
- Represent LT to partners and other external parties
- in addition to daily coverage, build out special projects: rankings, event coverage, special reports, newsletters, etc
- Vision: Should be able to plan and execute creative solutions to grow LT’s reach and influence
- Digitally Savvy: Be comfortable with external data — I.e. demographic data, economic indicates, stocks, social trends etc, and internal ones, such as analytics data and real-time readership data
- Domain Expertise: In depth local general news experience with a slant towards affairs affecting the Latino community.
- Operational Expertise: Ability to build and organize a 24/7 newsroom, balancing commercial needs
- Multimedia Expertise: Comfort in text and vision for video, graphics, podcasts, etc
Editor-in-Chief will have a relevant bachelor's degree journalism, finance, business or a related field. Graduate or post-graduate degree a plus.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED
About Latin Times
Latin Times aims to be a light for the Latino Community in the United States and beyond. The light that highlights the rich culture, stories and accomplishments of everyday Latino’s, business leaders and politicians, and exposes the corruption and disparities within and against the Latino experience.
A unifying voice for Latino’s, Latin Times strives to build a family-friendly publication serving the next generation of Latino’s, in every medium and every platform.
IBT Media is a fast growing global digital news organization, delivering news and insight to over 20 million monthly readers across the world. With innovations across the newsroom and the platform, we are engaging a new generation of readers with content that speaks to their interests, analysis that serve their businesses, and insight to make sense of a globally connected world.